StellarMate is the Next Generation Internet-of-Things Astrophotography gadget! The principle behind StellarMate is simple:
- Connect your equipment (Mount, DSLR/CCD, Focuser, Filter Wheel..etc) to StellarMate via USB/Bluetooth or Network.
- Connect to StellarMate from either your Mobile, Tablet, or Laptop/Desktop Computer.
- Start controlling your observatory and imaging from any major platform.
A complete free astrophtography tool is shipped with StellarMate: Ekos. You can either use the built-in Ekos Astrophtogoraphy Tool, or download it on your Windows, MacOS, or Linux computers to remotely control StellarMate from any where!
From controlling a lone mount in the field, to orchestration of state of the art observatory, StellarMate is the solution you have been waiting for.
StellarMate is based on Raspberry PI 3B+, a proven platform for embedded computers for many years.
- SoC: Broadcom BCM2837B0
- CPU: 1.4 GHZ quad-core ARM Cortex A53 (ARMv8 Instruction Set)
- GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV @ 400 MHz
- Memory: 1 GB LPDDR2-900 SDRAM
- Real Time Clock (DS3231) with battery.
- Storage: 32GB MicroSD card class 10.
- USB 2.0 ports: 4
- Network: 300 MBPS Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n/ac Wireless LAN (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz), Bluetooth 4.0
- HDMI: 1.8m Gold Plated HDMI cable.
- Power: 3A 5v power supply. Specify which plug type you want on checkout.
NEW RTC module: StellarMate now ships with a Real-Time Clock with battery to keep StellarMate time accurate even when power is off. A real time clock is critical for accurate astronomy & astrophotraphy work.
- The default StellarMate OS password is smate
- The default StellarMate WiFi HotSpot password is stellar@mate
For new users, using StellarMate effectively can take a bit of a learning curve (like everything else) especially given the breadth of the features if provides. Here are some useful resources to get your started:
We are proud to offer top-notch support for our customers. Please make sure to checkout first the Frequently Asked Questions and Knowledge Base articles. To report any issues with StellarMate or Ekos, please submit a ticket and our support team should get back to you as soon as possible. Please make sure to submit the relevant logs to aid in diagnosting and resolving the issue efficiently.
This product is fantastic!!! Controlling everything remote from inside the house not only at cold winter days! I am not Linux oriented, but the tools are great and easy to use! But the very best of all is the support: Per email, per chat and per team viewer session, when some installations have to be done or just to show the usage! Thank you very much, Jasem!Armin Prohaska
StellarMate was exactly that what I have been looking for. Everthing is connected. It works great. It is easy to use. The support is promt and excellent! I can recommend this product to anyone!Nils Harnischmacher
I am a noob in astrophotography but this would be something what I always would have wanted if I was an expert. It is easy to acces from the Stellarmate app or with a separate VCN viewer, which is actually better for tablets or phones. The support service is excellent!Nightwatch