StellarMate Plus is the Next Generation Internet-of-Things Astrophotography gadget! The principle behind StellarMate Plus is simple:
- Connect your equipment (Mount, DSLR/CCD, Focuser, Filter Wheel..etc) to StellarMate via USB/Bluetooth or Network.
- Connect to StellarMate from either your Mobile, Tablet, or Laptop/Desktop Computer.
- Start controlling your observatory and imaging from any major platform.
A complete free astrophtography tool is shipped with StellarMate Plus: Ekos. You can either use the built-in Ekos Astrophtogoraphy Tool, or download it on your Windows, MacOS, or Linux computers to remotely control StellarMate from any where!
From controlling a lone mount in the field, to orchestration of state of the art observatory, StellarMate is the solution you have been waiting for.
StellarMate Plus is based on Raspberry PI 4B, a proven platform for embedded computers for many years.
- SoC: Broadcom BCM2711 64-bit SoC
- CPU: Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) @ 1.5GHz
- GPU: Broadcom VideoCore VI
- Memory: 2 GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM
- Real Time Clock (DS3231) with battery.
- Storage: 32GB MicroSD card class 10.
- USB 2 USB 3.0 ports; 2 USB 2.0 ports.
- Network: Gigabit Ethernet, 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
- Mini HDMI: 1.8m Gold Plated Mini HDMI cable.
- Power: 3A 5V USB-C power supply. Specify which plug type you want on checkout.
- 12v to 5v USB-C 2-meter cable. Power SM Plus on the field from any 12v power source.
- The default StellarMate OS password is smate
- The default StellarMate WiFi HotSpot password is stellar@mate
For new users, using StellarMate effectively can take a bit of a learning curve (like everything else) especially given the breadth of the features if provides. Here are some useful resources to get your started:
We are proud to offer top-notch support for our customers. Please make sure to checkout first the Frequently Asked Questions and Knowledge Base articles. To report any issues with StellarMate or Ekos, please submit a ticket and our support team should get back to you as soon as possible. Please make sure to submit the relevant logs to aid in diagnosting and resolving the issue efficiently.