Thank you for purchasing StellarMate! Please follow this guide before you starting using your StellarMate Gadget.
1. Package Contents
After unboxing your package, you should have the following items:
- StellarMate Unit.
- 1.8m HDMI Cable
- 3A 5v microUSB Power Supply (Earlier versions came with 2.5A Power Adapter with On/Off switch).
A 32GB (or more, depending on your order) MicroSD card is already inserted into the StellarMate Gadget when it is shipped. It might have moved or detached during shipping, please make sure it is secured into its designated slot at the bottom of the unit.
Connect the microUSB power supply cable to StellarMate and then turn power on. You should initially see a red blinking red following by green. Your StellarMate is now ready to be used!
2. StellarMate App
StellarMate App is the Official App for StellarMate gadget. It is avaiable for both Android and iOS smart phones and tablets. Download and install the App on your device before you continue.
The App is required to connect to the unit and configure it for first time use, so do this step now and do not skip ahead!
3. Login Information
StellarMate unit is shipped with a full featured Linux Operation System that you can directly access. The default username and password are:
username: stellarmate password: smate
This is the same username and password you will use when access the unit over Web VNC as well. It is highly recommended to change the default password after your first login to the system.
When StellarMate is first started, it shall create a HotSpot named stellarmate. This is HotSpot SSID and the hostname of the unit. This information is required when you connect to the unit from browsers. The HotSpot SSID is protected.
HotSpot Password: stellar@mate
Before using the StellarMate App to configure your unit for the first time, please use the networking settings in your iOS/Android phone/tablet to connect to the HotSpot first. Once connected, proceed to run the StellarMate App.
4. StellarMate App Initial Setup
StellarMate App should be used for first-time configuration of your device. This step is necessary to set up the initial time zone and geographic settings for the unit to properly operate. After downloading the StellarMate App from the iOS/Android stores, go to your device network settings and join the stellarmate WiFi hotspot. Your mobile OS might warn you about no internet; please ignore that and proceed to launch the StellarMate App.
From the main screen, click Add:
Then select Auto Detect if you want the App to automatically scan for the gadget. If you already know the IP address of the gadget, select Manual:
The App will scan for StellarMate gadgets nearby. If the gadget is added, you will be redirected to the My Mates page where you get to access several of the unit functions:
When accessing StellarMate directly via Hotspot (Access Point), the unit IP address is always 10.250.250.1. Therefore, if you are having issue accessing the unit via its hostname, you can simply use the IP address in your browser to access StellarMate Web Manager (http://10.250.250.1:8624).
You can perform the following functions:
- Change Name: You can change device name (and its hostname) to another name without any spaces. For example, if you rename it to myobservatory, the host name shall be changed to http://myobservatory.local.
- Change IP
- Connect to WiFi / Forget WiFi
- Connect to Home WiFi: Select a WiFi network as detected by StellarMate and then supply the password if it is protected. After a successful connection, please wait up to 2 minutes before using any of the unit functions again.
- Forget WiFi: WiFi network information is removed and StellarMate reverts to HotSpot mode (IP Address 10.250.250.10). If the Unit is connected to your LAN via Ethernet, you can still access it via its LAN IP address like before.
- Access Web Manager
- Access VNC Viewer
- Restart Device
- Shutdown Device
- Remove Device from App: If you encounter any issues with StellarMate, you can simply remove it from the list and then re-discover it again.
5. Connecting to StellarMate
Depending on how you want to connect to StellarMate, click on any of the following options
Created : 2017-06-28 05:12:42, Last Modified : 2019-01-09 00:19:18