StellarMate is an embedded computer that runs Linux Operating System and software tailored for astronomical equipment control and data aquisition. It is mainly used to control telescopes and capture images of the night sky.
The principle behind StellarMate is simple:
- Connect your equipment (Mount, DSLR/CCD, Focuser, Filter Wheel..etc) to StellarMate via USB/Bluetooth or Network.
- Connect to StellarMate from either your Mobile, Tablet, or Laptop/Desktop Computer.
- Start controlling your observatory and imaging from any major platform.
To control equipment, StellarMate utilizes Open Astronomy Instrumentation protocols (INDI). As illustrated above, the INDI Driver is what communicates with and controls your device. All INDI Drivers are managed from INDI Server, the central hub of communication between you and your equipment. Anything that connects to INDI Server is considered an INDI Client. There are many clients including Ekos, SkySafari, PHD2, PixInsight, and many more. Each client offers different levels of functionality to the user. The officially supported client with StellarMate is Ekos.
After plugging your equipment in StellarMate and powering them on, you need to run INDI Server with the appropiate INDI Drivers. Once an INDI Server is established, you can connect to it from a number of Clients. There are three primary methods to run INDI server:
1. Ekos: From Ekos, you do not have to worry about INDI drivers and INDI server, you simply select your equipment and then set the hostname (or IP address) of StellarMate and let Ekos manages the rest, it's that easy!
2. StellarMate Web Manager (SWM): The SWM provides a web interface to select equipment profiles and drivers associated with it. By default, you will see the Simulators profile that includes Telescope, CCD, and Focuser simulators. You can add a new device profile and then select the appropiate drivers for your equipment.
3. Console: Starting INDI Server from the Console is an advanced topic which requires either direct access via HDMI or SSH connection. It is described in detail in INDI documentation.
Now that INDI server is established, you can connect to it from any client. Of course, if you used Ekos to start the server, then Ekos is already one client connected to it, but you can connect any number of additional clients (e.g. SkySafari) to the same server.
By accessing the website at https://www.stellarmate.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- The materials on Ikarus Technologies's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. Ikarus Technologies makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Ikarus Technologies does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- Do NOT use StellarMate to look at the Sun as it may cause an irrerevsible damage to your eyes!
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. STELLARMATE IS PROVIDED BY IKARUS TECHNOLOGIES ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. IKARUS TECHNOLOGIES MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF STELLARMATE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON STELLARMATE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF STELLARMATE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, IKARUS TECHNOLOGIES DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IKARUS TECHNOLOGIES DOES NOT WARRANT THAT STELLARMATE, OR ANY APPLICATIONS & FIRMWARE INSTALLED WITHIN ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. IKARUS TECHNOLOGIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF STELLARMATE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
In no event shall Ikarus Technologies or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Ikarus Technologies's website, even if Ikarus Technologies or a Ikarus Technologies authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
4. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Ikarus Technologies's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Ikarus Technologies does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Ikarus Technologies may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Ikarus Technologies does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Ikarus Technologies has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Ikarus Technologies of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Ikarus Technologies may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
7. Reviews, Comments, and Other Content
Visitors may post reviews, comments, photos, videos, and other content; send e-cards and other communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights (including publicity rights), or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable, and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam" or unsolicited commercial electronic messages. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. Ikarus Technologies reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Ikarus Technologies a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, perform, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant Ikarus Technologies and sublicenses the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Ikarus Technologies for all claims resulting from content you supply. Ikarus Technologies has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. Ikarus Technologies takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Kuwait and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.