Ekos & INDI software are available on two channels:
- Stable: Updated after a lot of testing and feedback is released from users. Usually on quaterly basis.
- Beta: Nightly builds for Ekos/INDI where most of the bugs fixes and new features land. It is unstable, but can be beneficial if the stable build has severe bugs.
It is recommended to stay on the default Stable build unless there is a good reason (like new hardware support) in the beta release.
Switching to Beta Channel
To switch to the nightly version, please follow these steps:
- Login to StellarMate OS either via VNC or HDMI
- Double Click on the MATE Terminal icon on the desktop.
- Type in the following commands (or copy/paste it there) and press enter, when asked for password, enter smate
The system should not be upgraded to the latest nightly beta packages. It is recommended to restart StellarMate before using the new release.
Switching to Stable channel
To switch back to the stable channel, open the MATE Terminal and type in the following commands:
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:mutlaqja/indinightly
Created : 2018-10-27 02:42:04, Last Modified : 2018-11-01 12:09:52