Ekos & INDI software are available on two channels:
- Stable: Updated after a lot of testing and feedback is released from users. Usually on quaterly basis.
- Beta: Nightly builds for Ekos/INDI where most of the bugs fixes and new features land. It is unstable, but can be beneficial if the stable build has severe bugs.
It is recommended to stay on the default Stable build unless there is a good reason (like new hardware support) in the beta release.
You can switch the software channel either via the StellarMate App, or directly in the StellarMate OS. Please beware that the Beta channel is not meant for production use.
Using StellarMate App
To switch software channels in the StellarMate App, go to the Device tab in the App and scroll to the Software section. Make sure StellarMate is connected to the internet (via Ethernet cable or WiFi) before you switch the channels.
Simply toggle the channel switch to switch to the desired channel. Then click Check For Updates to force an update after changing the software channel. It might take a few minutes to download and install the software for the desired channel. Restart StellarMate after the update is complete.
Using StellarMate OS
Switching to Beta Channel
To switch to the nightly version, please follow these steps:
- Login to StellarMate OS either via VNC or HDMI
- Double Click on the MATE Terminal icon on the desktop.
- Type in the following commands (or copy/paste it there) and press enter, when asked for password, enter smate
The system should not be upgraded to the latest nightly beta packages. It is recommended to restart StellarMate before using the new release.
Switching to Stable channel
To switch back to the stable channel, open the MATE Terminal and type in the following commands:
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:mutlaqja/indinightly
Created : 2018-10-27 02:42:04, Last Modified : 2019-05-19 04:20:25